Do You Exercise?

TPhoenix

We've all heard how vital exercise is to maintain our health and fitness. If it's even for 30 minutes a day, it's beneficial to us. With that being said, do you exercise frequently when you have the time to do it or is it something you put off and don't usually end up doing in the long run? Or do you just not do it at all?

JessiFox

I used to put it off, but I'm actually in the process of being worked up to donate a kidney to my husband and during the last appointment, I was very unsettled with the number on the scale. I figured it's time to get more serious about healthy living and weight loss. I walk and/or go for a quick run daily, I do HIIT style cardio workouts 3-5 times a week depending on how I'm feeling, and strength training on the days when I'm not doing cardio. I also throw yoga and pilates in there sometimes to mix things up :).

But since you asked, what about you? How's your exercise routine looking these days?

Kayla109

I am an avid exerciser. I do everything from cardio, weight lifting and crossfit. Whether it is an early morning work out or a late night work out, I set aside time for it 6 days a week. During my middle and high school years, I was involved in sports. and I honestly think it has become an important part of my life. Any day without a good work out just doesn't feel the same.

basketball newbie

As much as I want to make it regular, I cannot because of my busy schedules. But when I do find the time, I walk and/or run about an hour twice a week. I also do Zumba because it is effective for me in keeping off some flab. In just a few days of continuous Zumba, I can see the improvement.

However, as I've said, I cannot do it regularly now. So what I do to keep myself physically fit is to run around or walk briskly in the house when I am doing household chores. I exaggerate my movements, like when I am in front of the PC, I stand up and do some hip rolling. :) Whether seated or standing, I just try to tuck my tummy in and make it hard to tone my ab muscle a bit. I don't know if it works but my tummy is not bad for my age and after having two kids. :)

downsouth

I used to weight lift late in high school and college but was never enthusiastic about it. I was also on the track team in high school. After college my life became about work and paying my bills. It was a stressful time (although I did have time for a 30 minute jog). Nowadays I am not fat but could stand to lose a few pounds and really enjoy swimming. I am part of a gym nearby and swim 1-2 x a week. I want to weight lift to keep my strength up. I don't care about toning myself or gaining weight. But again it is not a workout I am enthusiastic about. I love to swim.

downsouth

Of course I am also pretty active with my job and family life. I also play basketball and football with my old college buddies whenever we are together. We played touch football on Christmas Day ! So it is not like I am idle at a desk all day desperately in need of some movement.

JoanMcWench

Currently biking is a huge passion of mine. Luckily I live in a place where they're making strides to make biking in the city easier. I can bike for hours on end. No, I do not call it cycling. People who call it cycling as usually the one's with aerodynamic helmets & tight shorts in the winter. That's not me.

xTinx

I do exercise but not on a regular basis. Although I am usually a total sloth when it comes to fitness, seeing how people's lifespans have declined over the years, I feel the need to exercise at least two to three hours a week. If it's not all-out exercise, I do zumba (with the aid of a video DVD), walk for 20 minutes or use the exercise bike for close to an hour, three times a week.

LuckyNumber13

I exercise every single day for 30 minutes. I'm a fan of running outside of playing basketball. I haven't had a medical problem since I was 12 so I think I'm doing something right! :p

dyanmarie25

I don't really go to the gym, but of course, I do some basic exercises such as jogging, brisk walking, and running. We should never overlook how important exercising is as it keeps our body fit and healthy.