Books Anyone?

Kingmaker

Along with my love of sports I also enjoy reading and try to read 2 to 3 new books a month. I like non-fiction and fiction and read a pretty good mix of all genres in non- fiction, I mainly read suspense, mystery and horror novels for fiction genres. My favorite authors are George Pelecanos, John Connolly, and Stephen King and his son Joe Hill is pretty good too.

Currently I am reading "Difficult Men" by Brett Martin and it centers around the creators of cable TV shows like "The Sopranos", "The Wire" and others it is very interesting and a very revealing look into the psyche of the creators and actors within these series. Highly recommended.

thedragon

If you haven't already you should read 1983 by Goerge Orwell. It is a great read and one of the single most relevant books of our time. It droaws great parallels to whats happening with the spying controversy.

BadgerSquadron3

If you haven't already you should read 1983 by Goerge Orwell. It is a great read and one of the single most relevant books of our time. It droaws great parallels to whats happening with the spying controversy.
And if you like that, I would also suggest reading 1984 by George Orwell as well ;)

I am trying to read more books, but I often have trouble concentrating. I guess its because I want to write books myself, and can't stop thinking about how I would be writing it.

skotrhythm

I'm reading the Alchemist. They say it's one of the most inspiring books of the yayayaya but I can't really see it yet. Hopefully it gets better. I swear reading though can help you with everything and I mean everything including ball. It's help me a lot with concentration which we all know we need on the court

eagle22

Skotrhythm, the Alchemist is a great book! I couldn't put it down once I started reading it. I am actually reading a book called Awaken The Giant Within by Tony Robbins right now, it's pretty good!

maxprime94

One of my favorite books growing up was The Chrysalids. I think it was a sci-fi themed book but it was when I remember really falling in love with a book. I'd recommend it to anyone who's looking for something interesting to read (sort of post apocalyptic setting in a weird awesome way/no zombies or anything though). Although, after reading some of the posts above, I think I will try to read the Alchemist!