Will Carmelo Anthony leave New York?

lindbergh

I think Carmelo has a lot of offers for him (no matter how much of a ball hog he is). I think Miami showed some interest and so has the L.A. Lakers. New York is a great team but he has never moved forward and never even reached the conference finals in his entire time with the team. Do you think that Melo would eventually leave New York? Or will he stay because Phil Jackson is now president of the team?

RedHot

If 'Melo is truly determined to win a championship, there's not much to leave the Knicks optimistic heading into negotiations. New York can offer Anthony $30 million more than any other team, though, and the Manhattan glamour surely factors into the equation as well.

When it comes to winning basketball games, however, New York doesn't have much to bring to the table. It's traded every draft pick it's permitted to until 2018, and any future success is contingent upon signing a second mega-star—along with 'Melo—to construct a contender. And judging by the franchise's recent history with constructing such teams, it's an understatement to say that it may not be the most trustworthy. He should leave NY if he wans the ring.

teabwoi

I don't think that he will leave now seeing that Phil Jackson has just joined the team. I think that now that Phil is there he will be able to talk Carmelo into staying with the team and I think that Carmelo knows deep down that his team can win but that they just have not been able to put the pieces together to get the team working effectively.