Who's the next franchise player of the Lakers?

lindbergh

Kobe is on the decline. He has faced two consecutive injuries and he would never be the same again. Also, he's old. Steve Nash is still with the Lakers and he's old too. So is Pau Gasol. There are a number of young players with L.A. right now and they've shown some flashes of brilliance but none of them has shown consistency of playing great basketball during this abysmal Lakers season. So, who do you think would be the next franchise player of the Lakers?

thepieeatingjay

Well, finding the next franchise player isn't exactly hard. Finding the next JORDAN level player is however. Players that are at the level Kobe was or that Lebron is will be extremely tough.

And whoever does fill the superstar void in L.A. is going to have that heavy weight baring down on them.

TPhoenix

The LA Lakers are going to be in some serious trouble once Kobe Bryant officially retires from the team along with the other veterans. I'm going to hate to see it because they have been one of my favorites for years. That franchise better look towards acquiring some top talent from other teams during the next draft. They don't necessarily have to be a Michael Jordan or a Lebron James, but players definitely more solid.

joshposh

The upside to all of this is that once Bryant, Gasol, and Nash retire, that will leave some decent cap room to acquire some talent. I was hoping for good things with all of the moves the Lakers have done in the past 4 years, but nada. Injuries have plagued them and some people should just retire already.