Who will win MVP honors?

Eagle910

I have to go with Kevin Durant. He has been playing on another level this year. I am not discrediting Lebron James, because he is a great player. I just think it is Kevin's year to shine. Russell Westbrook has not been himself this season, and Kevin has carried the Thunder all year. As opposed to Lebron who has a great supporting cast.

Who do you think will win MVP honors?

santorebirth

You have good arguments there but I have a feeling that King James will get that honor once again. Whenever LeBron feels that his throne is being threathened, The King always steps up. That is why LeBron is the greatest player in the world right now.

Eagle910

You have good arguments there but I have a feeling that King James will get that honor once again. Whenever LeBron feels that his throne is being threathened, The King always steps up. That is why LeBron is the greatest player in the world right now.

He is not the best player in the world. Durant has been better this year by far. If Durant doesn't win the MVP this year. I will be convinced that tha NBA is rigged. Kevin has earned it fair, and square. Lebron already has won it 4 times anyway.

starfox64

I say that Lebron is the best basketball player in the world and he will be for at least the next 3 or 4 seasons. However, I'd have to give the nod to Kevin Durant for MVP honors this season. Durant really kept his team afloat while Westbrook was out with an injury and is the reason why the Thunder are second in the West. I feel as if Lebron has been coasting a bit this season although he has been putting up great numbers.

The way I see it is that Lebron already has 4 MVPs, it's time for Durant to grab one. He deserves it.

Kevin Durant and Lebron James are the obvious choices.....but Kevin Love, being a doube-double machine that he is, deserves a special mention and is a dark horse to win the NBA MVP.

starfox64

Kevin Durant and Lebron James are the obvious choices.....but Kevin Love, being a doube-double machine that he is, deserves a special mention and is a dark horse to win the NBA MVP.
I'm sorry but Kevin Love does not deserve it all in my book. The T'wolves have woefully underperformed this season and although Love has been putting up great stats, Durant has done a much better job of leading his team.

Well the guy can only do so much. Without much support from the other players, it is difficult to carry your team to the top. The only reliable guys in that team are Kevin Martin and Ricky Rubio. Nikola Pekovic is supposed to be their answer inside the key but the guy is always injured. For the Thunders, they never felt the absence of Westbrook as Reggie Jackson stepped up, and Serge Ibaka is quite reliable in doing the dirty work. Derek Fisher and his veteran wits can be dangerous as well especially in the playoffs.

In my opinion, sometimes we have to give credit to talented players that are not gifted with nice supporting cast in their teams.

starfox64

Well the guy can only do so much. Without much support from the other players, it is difficult to carry your team to the top. The only reliable guys in that team are Kevin Martin and Ricky Rubio. Nikola Pekovic is supposed to be their answer inside the key but the guy is always injured. For the Thunders, they never felt the absence of Westbrook as Reggie Jackson stepped up, and Serge Ibaka is quite reliable in doing the dirty work. Derek Fisher and his veteran wits can be dangerous as well especially in the playoffs.

In my opinion, sometimes we have to give credit to talented players that are not gifted with nice supporting cast in their teams.
I give Kevin Love a lot of credit. He deserves first team honors this year along with Griffin in the front court. However, for a team that is near .500, Love simply doesn't deserve to be MVP. Durant has owned that award this year.

Eagle910

Kevin Love? Lol

That is ridiculous. The Timberwolves suck. Love can't even get his team into the playoffs. It is extremely easy for a good player to put up great numbers on a horrible team. Love's stats are inflated, and even if I am wrong. His success is definitely not helping his team.

I get that MVP winners don't come from bad teams. Well I just thought I'd throw in a dark horse as it might be good to post to spark some discussion, and it did. :D It's kinda boring to see the discussion go back and forth with the same names being mentioned.

rjustin

MVP "should" go to Kevin Durant. As well as the Heat are doing, OKC is doing better and they've been doing it all with Durant since Westbrook hasn't been apart of most of the games this season. He's also been a scoring machine, 10+ 40+ point games, and a few game winners. He's a cold blooded killer after what I witnessed he did to my Raps. He's this year's MVP.

Obviously the other candidate is LeBron James, and I wouldn't be upset if he were voted MVP but Kevin Durant truly deserves the honor this year.

Choi

As much as I hate Kevin Durant and the whole OKC organization, I do believe that the MVP award should go to KD because he's been putting up monster stats this season. Not to mention that he just surpassed MJ with the second-most 25+ point game streak in the history of the NBA. His assist numbers has also improved and he's handled the ball pretty well which makes it hard for opposing teams to cover him more.

LeBron's a great basketball player, probably the best of his era, but his frequent off-court antics and excuses makes me think of him as a DIVA without any balls. It's better if he starts talking less when he loses basketball games.

I'd really wish that someone from the Spurs get the MVP award, and I was thinking that if the Spurs didn't get their winning streak broken by the Thunder, then Kawhi might get a 0.00001% consideration because they would have been on a winning streak ever since he returned. Too bad the freaking Thunder handed them their first loss since Kawhi returned.

Eagle910

As much as I hate Kevin Durant and the whole OKC organization, I do believe that the MVP award should go to KD because he's been putting up monster stats this season. Not to mention that he just surpassed MJ with the second-most 25+ point game streak in the history of the NBA. His assist numbers has also improved and he's handled the ball pretty well which makes it hard for opposing teams to cover him more.

LeBron's a great basketball player, probably the best of his era, but his frequent off-court antics and excuses makes me think of him as a DIVA without any balls. It's better if he starts talking less when he loses basketball games.

I'd really wish that someone from the Spurs get the MVP award, and I was thinking that if the Spurs didn't get their winning streak broken by the Thunder, then Kawhi might get a 0.00001% consideration because they would have been on a winning streak ever since he returned. Too bad the freaking Thunder handed them their first loss since Kawhi returned.

I agree.

I think Kevin Durant has locked it up now. The debate is over in my opinion. Durant has been more impressive all year. Not to mention that he raised his game to get to the level he is on this year. He has improved his game in every area.

Lebron is Basically in cruise control. i don't think he really cares. He has done it all at this point. The only thing i think he cares about is getting another ring.

RedHot

Kevin Durant and LeBron James are—justifiably so—the front-runners and the only names that seem to come up when discussing who should win the 2014 edition of the NBA's premier individual award. But last time I checked, an MVP ballot had more than two spots on it.

teabwoi

I have been saying it all year that I think that the only person that could win the MVP honor this season is Kevin Durant. I swear the guy is on a planet right now by himself. He is playing lights out night after night and no team in the NBA right now seems to know how to put the brakes on him. Like someone said earlier if Kevin doesn't win the MVP award this season I will be convinced that the NBA is rigged big time.