What Team Is Your Team's Rivals?

rjustin

As a fan of the Raptors, I don't think we have any true rivals. If anything I'd say maybe the Knicks because we faced them twice in the playoffs. Maybe the Vancouver Grizzlies were a rival because both teams were from Canada but they're not in Vancouver anymore.

eagle22

I am a Kings fan and back in the day the Kings and Lakers were HUGE rivals. I don't know if you guys remember the years when they would always meet up in the playoffs and it would always come down to the final game...good times! Now the kings just suck haahha

starfox64

For my Spurs, our rivals are currently the Mavs and the Thunder. We used to have a pretty heated rivalry between the Suns and the Lakers, but for obvious reasons, those rivalries are basically dead. I guess the Grizz are kinda our rivals, too since they beat us as the 8 seed a few years back in the first round.

Obviously the Los Angeles Lakers. Incidentally, whenever the Lakers are contenders, so does the Celtics. And when the Lakers are tanking, the Celtics does the same. These 2 teams pretty much do the same things at the same time, so they are eternal rivals lol. :D

Choi

For my Spurs, our rivals are currently the Mavs and the Thunder. We used to have a pretty heated rivalry between the Suns and the Lakers, but for obvious reasons, those rivalries are basically dead. I guess the Grizz are kinda our rivals, too since they beat us as the 8 seed a few years back in the first round.

Glad to see a fellow Spurs fan in here. I still remember the rivalry between the Nash/D'Antoni led Suns and the Spurs in the mid-late 2000's, and boy did those Suns scare me every time we meet them. The playoff battle between the Suns and the Spurs back in '07 was still one of the most memorable one for me because we got the championship at the very end.

In my opinion, the only true rival that the Spurs have would be the Mavs since the two teams come from Texas, and Mark Cuban annoys the hell out of me every time he tries to diss the Spurs. I don't really find the Thunder as our rival since they've beaten us every time we meet and the record's so lopsided that it's become downright sad for me to watch SAS-OKC games.