What should the Lakers do in order to win?

lindbergh

When Dwight Howard and Steve Nash signed up for the Lakers last year, I thought that they had the championship in the bag. But, it turned out that they had no chemistry whatsoever. The offense was a mess. Defense was ugly. And the players blamed each other. What do you think is the problem of L.A.? What do they need to do in order to win another championship?

mareebaybay

To win I think the Lakers need another piece. I mean when Kobe gets back, they will get his usually unstoppable self. The fact of the matter is Kobe needs someone else, another supporting cast member that is all. Once they get some extra help I think the Lakers will begin to flourish. I think they should chase a trade.

TheViper

The Lakers just didn't have a winning formula last year. They bought in Howard but he is just a clown that can cause friction in the locker room. The whole situation was a mess from the very beginning.

I'm not being sarcastic, but I think they are on a right path right now. While this is indeed a pathetic season for the Lakers, it may not be a bad idea to tank considering the chances of getting a talented rookie in the draft. The next batch of rookies have a lot of potential to be the next franchise players of the teams that will draft them, so this could be a good move for the Lakers since Bryant isn't getting any younger and the Lakers will have to start looking for their next franchise player.

eagle22

I agree, right when they brought it Nash and Howard I would have bet so much money they were going to win it. On paper that team looked great, but they had no chemistry on the court.

Eagle910

The Lakers need to rebuild. They need to release, and trade everybody. Including Kobe Bryant. Then they need to fire Mike D'antoni. It has been proven that his style cannot be effective over a long period of time. The Lakers need to accept the fact that they are going to be a bad team for the next couple of years. They should start the rebuilding process now.

I don't know about letting go of Kobe, I mean he could be a good mentor for the young players just like how David Robinson became a mentor to Tim Duncan. The Lakers still need Kobe Bryant, but I have to agree that they must be willing to sacrifice the next few seasons to re-build by acquiring talented rookies. Portland Tralblazers and OKC Thunders rebuilt their franchises through rookie drafts, and I believe this is the best way to go in the long run comapared to trading or free-agency acquisition, methods that will eat up a lot of salary cap space.

starfox64

The Lakers already made the terrible decision to resign Kobe for over twice his value. But as of right now, they need to hope to get a top 3 pick in the draft and snag up either Wiggins, Parker, or Exum from Australia. After that, they probably need to trade for a young up-and-coming player rather than Melo. It's going to be awhile before they are back on top, but considering that it is LA, they will be back.