What is Happening to my Lakers

alodocios

It is obvious that the Lakers have taken a downturn. I will start by saying I have been a diehard Laker fan since 1979. My devotion has never swayed, I have never road the bandwagon, I didn't get caught up in the Lebron hype even though he is a special talent. My blood runs purple and gold. But even the most loyal Laker fan has to admit that our beloved Hollywood ballers are in trouble. It is not just the obvious Kobe is broken, Nash is old, our coach is horrible kind of obvious trouble. It is the catastrophic our executives have the front and back office in trouble and no one who has any kind of basketball acumen is stepping in to fix it kind of trouble. Do we really let Phil Jackson go to New York because baby boy Buss doesn't like him? Jeanie says she is the boss, but she is allowing her brother to single handedly destroy a dynasty. I will say that the team is doing as great of a job as they can at maintaining without a star in the starting lineup. I am beyond wary of Jim Buss' draft picks, I would rather allow my six year old son to make such important decisions for an organization that I have spent most of my adult life supporting.

chicagobulls6769

I am very ashamed of this. The Los Angeles lakers use to be my favorite team with Kobe Bryant still being my favorite player. I hope The Los Angeles Lakers make a turn around for the better.

lindbergh

The Lakers are now tanking games in order to get a better chance to get a great player come draft time. But I admit that the Lakers are such a miserable team right now and the management is even worse. Oh, and the coaching? Man, it's terrible. I don't know what the future holds for the Lakers. Even if Kobe returns, I'm not so sure if they would be into title contention again. I think Steve Nash has to go too. He's just a liability for the team.

Guardian

The Lakers are definitely not the same team they used to be. I think they have a bad mentality when it comes to players now, and there is no development or cohesion on that team. Its about time where they traded off or released most of the time and started over. They need to build around one young guy with Kobe like potential.

alexjackson

It's so weird that I wanted to come in here ask this same question and notice it's been posted a year and a half ago! Last year Lakers were really bad, but I honestly thought they'd do so much better this year. As much as I love Kobe, it seems like his time may be up and Lakers need to do a serious re-building.

LuckyNumber13

It's so weird that I wanted to come in here ask this same question and notice it's been posted a year and a half ago! Last year Lakers were really bad, but I honestly thought they'd do so much better this year. As much as I love Kobe, it seems like his time may be up and Lakers need to do a serious re-building.

I agree, there's no shame in looking for new talent. The same old formula won't work every time, maybe if we were all immortal but age takes a toll in any demanding sport.