What happened to Allen Iverson?

lindbergh

Allen Iverson was a great player. His killer crossover and flashy moves and passes has placed him among the top in the league. But I wonder where he is now.... He's no longer in the NBA. I think the last thing that I heard of him was that he was playing ball in another country. Is that true? What has happened to Iverson? Why did he fall from grace?

mareebaybay

He just retired. He was recently playing overseas. He even got a chance to be back in the NBA, but he had to start in the D-League first and his ego kept him from doing that.

TheViper

Allen Iverson didn't want to talk about practice.

He was a great player that got big headed. He didn't work on his craft and just expected everything.

Eagle910

He did not fall from grace. He got old. He was not able to mentally accept his declining skill set. Not wanting to be a reserve. He walked away from the game. However no one wanted him on their team anyway. He only has himself to blame for that. He should have adjusted his attitude.

eagle22

He was a great player that got big headed. He didn't work on his craft and just expected everything.

hahahah! Every time I see that video I laugh so hard. Practice? We talking practice?! lol! Did any of you guys every own a pair of Iverson shoes? Those used to be my favorite.

Eagle910

hahahah! Every time I see that video I laugh so hard. Practice? We talking practice?! lol! Did any of you guys every own a pair of Iverson shoes? Those used to be my favorite.

You have to admit Allen had a point about the whole practice thing. If he is performing at a high level. What does it matter if he is late to practice. I think the whole thing was a power trip by the head coach. Iverson was used as a scape goat.

Yes. I did own a pair of Allen Iverson's shoes. Who didn't?

starfox64

Bingo! He got a bit lazy and never really took his game to the next level once he went to Denver. He was always fantastic to watch, but as he got older, he got more adamant about never having a bench role which caused him to go overseas. He had quite an ego on him, that's for sure.

Eagle910

Bingo! He got a bit lazy and never really took his game to the next level once he went to Denver. He was always fantastic to watch, but as he got older, he got more adamant about never having a bench role which caused him to go overseas. He had quite an ego on him, that's for sure.

I have to disagree with this. Allen Iverson always produced on the court, and he always gave it his all. I agree that he was stubborn, and big headed. To say he was lazy is blasphemy. Allen just got old, and teams decided that his declining level of play was not worth dealing with his horrible attitude anymore.

starfox64

I have to disagree with this. Allen Iverson always produced on the court, and he always gave it his all. I agree that he was stubborn, and big headed. To say he was lazy is blasphemy. Allen just got old, and teams decided that his declining level of play was not worth dealing with his horrible attitude anymore.
When did I say that he didn't produce on the court? You can't tell me that Iverson had one of the best work ethics in the NBA, the dude was notorious for not working on his game and basically slacking off in practice. His skill allowed him to take it easy in practices when he was young, but as he aged, he simply became a bit less productive.

There is a reason that some of the oldest players in the NBA can still produce, they work very hard on their craft. Players like Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, and Ray Allen work on their skills just as much (if not more) than they did when they were younger. Iverson didn't, and he payed the price.