USA team moving!

harebrainedknits

The USA team is moving from Colorado to Arizona hopefully in 2015. It looks like the development is going to be huge and the project is supposed to be over 360,000 square feet. It's supposedly going to have state of the art equipment and will be used by both the USA team and for children's sports in the off-season. What do you think - does the US team need a new arena? Waste of money or not?

TonyTheGamerDad

As long as they bring home the gold they can spend as much as they want! Seriously, if they win it was worth it, but if they lose I'll want to see some of my tax money back! I'm just surprised "King James" didn't force them to move to Miami to save him the flight. I really hate that guy.

colfgg

Hahaha. So much hate or King James on the inter webs. Every team would benefit from a new stadium. You said yourself that kids will be able to use the facilities during the off-seaon. It seems like a win-win for everybody.

it all depends about how the project is financed. I would not want public funds to build a privately owned stadium. That is just stupid.

harebrainedknits

Hahaha. So much hate or King James on the inter webs. Every team would benefit from a new stadium. You said yourself that kids will be able to use the facilities during the off-seaon. It seems like a win-win for everybody.

it all depends about how the project is financed. I would not want public funds to build a privately owned stadium. That is just stupid.

You make a very good point... I think that kids being able to use it is a huge plus. I'd be interested in finding out how the plan to fund the project. It's going to be a huge investment, but I think it could be worth it in the long run.

thedragon

THe USA Team is becoming more popular and there are more elite players. It only makes sense that they should upgrade their facilities.