Paul George declining?

Eagle910

It appeared earlier in the season that Paul George was on his way to being a star. His play gave the Indiana Pacers so much confidence in him that they traded away Danny Granger, in hopes the Paul would fill that role. However since that trade Paul George has been in an awful slump.

Do you think the pressure is getting to him?

starfox64

Yeah, he is in a slump but his numbers have actually improved since last year. He is shooting better, is averaging 4 more points than last year (21.8 ppg), and is getting to the line more. I feel that he will get through it although his shooting has looked atrocious lately.

rjustin

Don't think this has anything to do with the Danny Granger played. If Granger remained on the Pacers he'd still play the same and be in a slump. There was no added pressure when Granger left because Granger didn't contribute a lot anyways and wasn't even a starter when he returned. George will get out of this slump and will perform in the playoffs.

I can only guess that he is running out of gas right now. Players do go through slumps, though this may not be a good time to go through a slump considering that the playoffs is just around the corner.

eagle22

I think he is just in a slump, I don't think he is necessarily declining. In my opinion he is still a great player and has a lot of years left in him. I am looking forward to watching him play in the future.