NBA D-League anyone?

BadgerSquadron3

Does anyone here follow any D-League teams. I live in a pretty small city, so we don't have a chance of getting an NBA OR a D-league team. Depressing.

My problem with the D-League is that I don't see many stars coming from it. Unlike baseball, the best players in the NBA generally start at the highest level, and the ones who are sent to the D-League generally become super reserves. I'm sure there are some exceptions, but I don't see many all-stars working their way up.

Thoughts?

thedragon

Some players would be best following Glen Rice Jr's example at least they could showcase their talent better tthan being a cog in a system.

Guardian

I don't, but I wish I did. The closest team to me is Delaware and that's too far for me to care. I like minor league sports, I usually can't get enough of them, but the teams are either too far away, or not a dedicated associate team of one of my favorite teams.

If they expanded, maybe put a few more teams in the southeast I could get into it more. Texas doesn't count either.

eagle22

I follow the D-League only because I have a few friends that play in it. But you are right, even though I am friends with some of them there probably aren't any stars that are going to come from it. You never know though, one of those guys could have a lot of heart and work his way up!

Choi

I kind of follow the Spurs's D-League affiliate, the Austin Toros, only because I'd want to be up-to-date with what the Spurs front office are doing with the team. Other than that, I don't really watch their games and I only check the box score to see who of the Spurs's talents have any kind of upside.