March Madness

eagle22

That's true! I wonder why nobody is talking about it. My bracket is already doing terrible haha. Did you guys fill out a bracket? If so how is it doing?

thomas pendrake

I attended grad school at UF. I have lived in Knoxville and also attended grad school at Miami. I really don't care about any other teams. I only watch basketball If a team I care about is involved. I used to enjoy playing somewhat, but am too short to be good enough to compete at a level that would suit me. I would play for exercise if the opportunity were there, and I enjoy having a backboard and hoop to just shoot at. I find college and high school basketball more Interesting than pro, and I really enjoy watching girls and women play. I am glad that there is a section about women's basketball.

starfox64

There has been quite a bit of madness already! Mercer beating Duke has got to be the surprise of the tournament so far. It is so weird seeing how Duke, UNC, and Kansas are already out. At least my Louisville pick is still alive...

chicagobulls6769

I noticed that as well. I am very excited for march madness. I am still rooting for Duke to win overall. I am currently in a bracket with ten of my friends. LETS GO DUKE!

Guardian

It has been a wild ride! Typical Madness though I guess. Since my team wasn't in the tournament this year I was rooting for Wichita State, but that didn't last. How about Dayton though? They've been playing some great basketball.

I can't wait to see who the Final Four teams are!

chasedood

Yes, it definitely is what basketball is all about to me. I absolutely love this time of year!! I love being able to turn on the television almost every single night and being able to watch a game. There is nothing better!

starfox64

I noticed that as well. I am very excited for march madness. I am still rooting for Duke to win overall. I am currently in a bracket with ten of my friends. LETS GO DUKE!
Yikes, I'm not sure if you saw but Duke lost in the first game against Mercer. That Mercer team was pretty unreal. I guess that is why they call it March Madness...

bms00

I originally picked a Florida-Michigan final and nothing has changed my mind...both of those teams have really never looked like they had a chance to lose any of their games yet. I was rooting for Pitt since I'm an alum, but they were totally outclassed by UF.

dansmith

I notice a lack of a March Madness thread. Isn't that what basketball is all about?

You're definitely right about that. I know each every year since I was seven I've watched the March Madness that is the NCAA tourney, it's hard to not like this time of year in my opinion anyway. This year has really been exciting and surprising, and just... madness. Dayton going to the Elite Eight, that's all I can say. Dayton is the best basketball team in the state of Ohio right now! I can't believe I just said that. Anyhow, this is just another basketball season in March, typical madness.

Would anyone else agree that this years March Madness seemed to have more overtime games, come from behind wins and underdogs prevailing than past years? Even last night watching the championship game I couldn't help but think "who would have thought a 7 seed would play an 8 seed?" I think it's great for the tournament because it attracts more viewers.

spgagle

I am worried about my Iowa Hawkeyes making it this year. They would tear up the NIT but it would be an embarrassment for them to only achieve the NIT with the amount of talent on the team this year.