Kingmaker representing the 916

Kingmaker

Hey everybody this is the Kingmaker and I am a loyal follower of the Kings since 1988 and have been to over 50 games in my lifetime at ARCO ARENA in Sacramento where I have lived my entire life. This year is going to be another transitional year for the Kings and the one thing I hope for most is the maturation of Demarcus Cousins to start to happen and he can lead this team for years to come and become the all-star I know he is capable of being. I also think being able to draft McLemore was a huge step in getting the scoring threat the Kings need at the 2 position but only time will tell. With a new GM and a new coach who knows how the KINGS will respond.

thedragon

I've been watching Demarcus since Kentucky. I hope he matures but it's not likely. ONe thing I don't understand is Thornton was signed only a year ago, why draft McLemore when they could have used that pick for a trade package.

Kingmaker

Because Thornton is very inconsistent and better suited coming off the bench to provide some quick points as a sixth man, he can score and fast, but he is not a night in night out starter playing close to 40 minutes a game, his defense is also suspect and not what it should be at this point in his career.

Demarcus Cousins is a huge talent and I have seen him play up close and lose his cool in person and I agree he does need to grow up, but he is always going to be a fiery personality and outspoken that is his nature. But he loses himself during games especially close ones that have cost the Kings a few victories the last couple of years. I believe he will mature at some point and be a star, I just hope it is for the Sacramento Kings.