Injuries?

KNH

Just curious and asking for a friend.....If you have ever sprained an ankle or a wrist, how long did you have to sit out of basketball (or whatever sport you were into at the time)?

LuckyNumber13

I had an injury once and it took 3 months to recover fully. However, I think it depends on the severity of the injury at hand. I think a severe injury to the ankle can take 4 months to heal but I'm not a medical professional so I'm just estimating here. Best wishes to your friend, it sucks waiting around to engage in sports hobbies after an injury. :)

KNH

I had an injury once and it took 3 months to recover fully. However, I think it depends on the severity of the injury at hand. I think a severe injury to the ankle can take 4 months to heal but I'm not a medical professional so I'm just estimating here. Best wishes to your friend, it sucks waiting around to engage in sports hobbies after an injury. :)

That's about the time frame I was thinking too! She really wants to get back on the court but it's been almost two weeks and there is still a little swelling and definitely a bruise so I told her no :p
Thanks for your reply! :)

LuckyNumber13

That's about the time frame I was thinking too! She really wants to get back on the court but it's been almost two weeks and there is still a little swelling and definitely a bruise so I told her no :p
Thanks for your reply! :)

You're welcome. Yeah, if the ankle is still swelling that's a definite no. Only when the ankle can move without swelling or pain is she ready to get back in the game. Before that, injury can get much worse. Not worth it for any hobby. Health comes first.

alexjackson

As a teenager I had a lot of problems with injuries and they ultimately played a part in me losing the passion for the sport. Knee issues were the most difficult, but there are several which I still carry to this day. My pinky got smashed and now it's bent all the time. Few facial scars as well, but I'm lucky. My friend once got an elbow to the face which broke his nose and it didn't heal properly and he recently had to and get it medically fixed.