Improvements needed for a Championship to the Cavs?

Maxeem

The Cavs are obviously rated very high and considered a very good team as of right now.

However, they did not put up a good showing in the first few games of the season, and although they're a bit better now, they're still only 3-3.

So that's why I wanted to ask y'all:
What improvements (changes) do you think needs to happen to the Cavs to win a championship (if any)?

Personally, I don't think much change is needed, but the Cavs need more time to gel and play better as a team- they have all the necessary pieces and parts and have veterans like Miller and James.
I'm interested to see your opinion on this matter.

TPhoenix

Yeah, the Cleveland Cavaliers are immediately rated a high team because Lebron James returned to it. But they need to mesh together better than they have because their chemistry just seems to be off as a team and it's ot coming across well with their game play. It'll probably take awhile before they get into the groove of things and start becoming a bigger force to reckon with. For their sake, it better be soon.

Maxeem

Yeah, the Cleveland Cavaliers are immediately rated a high team because Lebron James returned to it. But they need to mesh together better than they have because their chemistry just seems to be off as a team and it's ot coming across well with their game play. It'll probably take awhile before they get into the groove of things and start becoming a bigger force to reckon with. For their sake, it better be soon.
I completely agree.

The chemistry between both the coach/players and the players/players seems to be off, as shown by their play so far, and it also seems that the teamwork is not there when you compare their play to a team like last year's Spurs. Either way, something has to click for them to become a serious contender.

I also agree that they need to get into the groove of things- I would say to give it some time and not change up the roster, as that would mess up the chemistry even further, and who knows what will happen if the play gets even worst.

joshposh

Same response here. Team chemistry has to improve, that comes with time and maturity. Hopefully they can surround James with the proper supporting cast.

What would Michael Jordan be without a Scottie Pippen or a Horace Grant. Same goes for Magic Johnson and his teammates James Worthy and Kareem Abdul Jabar. Great players need to have great teammates to win a championship.

seanohare

I understand the optimism, and rightfully so. The bottom line is the Cavs need a legit big man and they need to figure out their defense.

JoanMcWench

Lebron cannot carry the weight of the team alone. It seemed like they forced him to that before in Cleveland & we saw how that worked out. Once he moved to a team that was a cohesive one he brought championships. Build a team around his abilities don't just rely on them.

goldenmaine

The only improvement needed by the Cavs would be their team chemistry and coaching staff. The Cavs have the talent of their stars in James, Irving and Love. They have role players in Smith, Mozgov and Shumpert. They also have championship experience in James, Jones, Miller and Marion. It is their chemistry that must be improved so that they can play together well and as one coherent unit. They should have team bonding or dinners for them to get together. Another one is their coaching staff. I am not against Blatt but I think there are better coaches out there that can handle a star-studded team like the Cavs well.

thejamal

Cavs are already on the right track. They've been one of the best teams in the NBA the last month when LeBron is healthy, which makes a lot of sense. Can't really blame them for struggling with him hurt; it's kind of difficult to replace the production of a top 3 player in the NBA.

But the biggest improvement is what other people have already stated; they need more time to gel and get used too each other. We've seen how powerful they are when things are going right, as evidenced by the last month of play. And regardless of what state they're in come playoff time, they still have LeBron James to fall back on to carry them.