Heat without Lebron James

TPhoenix

Since Lebron James tucked his tail, left the Miami Heat and went back to the Cleveland Cavaliers, how do you feel the Heat has lived up as a team? Do you think they are playing up to the same standards without James? But most essentially, do they have potential to still win the playoffs this season?

thepieeatingjay

They're still a good team even without LBJ. And they don't need him to make the playoffs. People have to understand that this is a veteran team we're talking about here. And they've made it without him before. The real question is can they win it without him, probably not.

TPhoenix

Yeah that's what I think as well. It's going to be a more challenging year for the Miami Heat. Not to discredit a championship team like the Heat in anyway, but James was one of the focal guys that helped get it done in winning the big one two times in recent years. With James gone it's like one important ingredient missing, which will throw off everything. But I guess we will have to wait and see what truly happens.

joshposh

I do hope they can win the whole thing without him. The backlash is going to be great!!! "We didn't need him to win"!! I can hear it now, if it happens.

lindbergh

Hmm, they're actually doing pretty well. They're sharing the ball more often now. It's no longer just the big 3. It's one whole team. They don't depend on one person alone. Each person knows when to step up. And also, Wade and Bosh are given more freedom to do what they want. Look at the record of Miami and look at the record of Cleveland. Miami has a better win-loss record so far.

Will Miami win a championship this season? I don't think so... There are lots of other teams much stronger than them.