Greatest Power Forward of All Time

joshposh

My vote for the greatest power forward of all time is a coin toss between Charles Barkley and Karl Malone. I just can't seem to chose only one.

Charles Barkley, the outspoken player that was known to be an aggressive player with a lot of hustle, brought attitude and charisma to the game. A undersized power forward his whole career, his attitude and hustle made up for his lack of power forward size.

Karl Malone was with the Utah Jazz for most his his career. Playing next to John Stockton the whole time, he was fed many scoring opportunities, from the famed point guard.

thejamal

Don't disagree with the greatness of either player, but both guys are lower on my list of all-time great PF's because of the playoff duds they had throughout their career. The greatest PF for me easily is Duncan and it's not even close. After him though, you can make a really strong case for KG, Dirk, Barkley or Malone for the next spot. For me, my list would go Duncan-KG-Dirk-Barkley-Malone. I love the two-way effectiveness of KG and he wasn't all that far off the offensive dominance of the other 3 PFs.

But when you're talking all-time greats, you got to talk about playoff success. It's one of the best ways to distinguish between them when comparing between different eras of basketball

joshposh

I've kind of lost touch with basketball the past few years and watching it has taken a back seat to things such as work. So I may have looked over KG and Duncan. But I do look at Duncan as a Center. In my mind he should be a center and that is what he played in college. However, I did take in consideration about playoff success. Both of the players that I had mentioned had played against arguably the best player and team of all time during their prime, Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. If Jordan wasn't there for that decade, I'm sure those 2 players would of won several championships.

Case in point. I listed John Stockton as my vote for the greatest point guard of all time. He has never won a championship because of Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. But his skills, consistency, and low turn over ration cannot be overlooked just because of his lack of playoff success.

Choi

Duncan for me, is easily the greatest power forward to have ever played the game of basketball. He is the sole reason why I became a spurs fanatic, and we Spurs fans call him the GOATPUFF. Duncan may have played both the center and forward positions but I really see him as a PF since that's how he played offensively. He's got 5 rings, 14 time all star, 2 time league MVP(consecutive), and 3 time NBA finals MVP.

I believe that he should have won the finals MVP back in '07 since I believe that if it weren't for the scrub that was defending Parker, he wouldn't have that stat line. In any case, still grateful for that 4th ring. I also think that if the Spurs won in 2013, Duncan would become the finals MVP because he had solid numbers for that series, not to mention his monstrous Game 6 performance. His first half of game 6 was nothing short of legendary.

If I were to rank my top five power forward of all time then I'd go Duncan-Dirk-KG-Malone-Barkley. Dirk's '11 run was historic and he was on God Mode the entire post season. KG was great but I hate his shitty ass and because he was always butting heads with Timmy.