Does Anyone Go to Their Local Basketball Games?

harebrainedknits

I was considering going to my local highschool's basketball games and was wondering if anyone else goes to theirs. Some of the schools up in this area have had great players in the past. So, do you go? Do you ever travel distances to watch your team play?

jecht306

Yeah I go to my high schools game's all the time whenever there on, there really fun to watch as well and who knows, one of them may become a start ;)

Ladeidre

I have not went to any high school games in the local area but I do enjoy high school games as I was a player in high school myself. I live in Atlanta and mostly go to the NBA games when I can get a good deal on tickets.

Yeah I was a player in some of my games but not many because I wasn't the best at basketball hehe, I did end up watching allot of my high school games because they do put on a good show and there is some good shots at times.

Zackfair

Yeah I there are some extremely good shots that are at times better than the ones in official NBA games, I always used to go to mine just to see how great they all were, I however did not participate in any because me myself is not fit out for basketball xD

ken watkins

I go to High School Basketball games all the time. I have certain teams I try to catch every year. I have also seen a number of State Championship games. It seems these kids play so hard, as for many it's there only glory in sports they will see.

2makemoney2nite

I love watching high schoolers play. As they are not playing for the pros, they don't have as much pressure on them and can, as a result, be a little bit more free with their game play and fun, since the stakes are not so high. I wouldn't travel more than ten kilometers to watch a high school game though. I would just go to a school in my district if I really wanted to watch basketball.

p0gy0

I usually frequent college basketball games in our country. Competition sometimes is fiercer than the pro league. Kids got nothing to lose and they play their hearts out. Fun to watch really.

skotrhythm

You know what, I'm Australian and when I was growing up no one went to local games, it's all about rugby league here. Though now that we've got a lot of American imports, there's a heap of people heading to the games. It's good to see because the game was really struggling for a bit. It's also made NBA a lot more popular in Australia too which is another great thing because you can go down the pub now and they'll be playing a game on the screen !

eagle22

Sure! I love going to my High Schools basketball games. Although it could be because my local high school is my old high school :). Nothing like watching the younger kids play on the same court you used to play on.

starfox64

I used to go when I went to school but now I don't. Our team was never really any good. As for my college team, I do watch them from time to time. But I'm really not what you call a big "fan" of the team. I just like to root for them because of school pride basically.