Do you think the Spurs will run out of gas?

Eagle910

I am a big Spurs fan.

You would think that i would be happy about their recent win streak, but i am not. Every time i watch the games. I wonder to myself. "What are they doing" .

Why are they letting these old guys play so many minutes. At this point in the season they should be resting up for the playoffs. They should be worried about a meaningless winning streak.

For that reason alone. I think the Spurs will rin out of gas come playoff time.

What do you think?

lindbergh

It depends on how many games they play in the Playoffs and how they beat their opponents. If the Spurs would regularly beat their opponents by a huge margin, probably 15-20 points per game, then they would be able to rest most of their starters. But if the Spurs would find themselves in a tough spot most of the time during the playoffs, I think that they would ran out of gas. Still, I do think that they have a great chance of winning the championship this year. Only the Thunder and the Heat pose as legitimate threats to them.

teabwoi

Honestly the Spurs are a very strong team and right now they seem to be a very strong team in the league and I think like the above poster saids that the only teams right now that pose a threat to the Spurs right now are the Heat and the Thunder other than that I don't see any other team slowing them down.

I don't think they will run out of gas because I have always thought the Spurs are a well conditioned team (I have never heard of players coming in at the beginning of the season grossly overweight and or out of shape), but I understand your concerns. I am wondering if they aren't resting places because the team is in the zone and they don't want to disturb what's been working?

starfox64

What in the world are you talking about man? The Spurs have been limiting their star players' minutes more than any other team in the league. The Big 3 (the only true "old" players on team) all have averages below 30 minutes per game and have been well rested and routinely taken games off as the season winds down to a close.

With all due respect, your argument is not backed up with any facts and just shows that you don't know what you are talking about.