Can the Miami Heat win 3 in a row?

lindbergh

Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, and the Miami Heat have already won back to back NBA championships. To be honest, I thought that they were done for in game 6 in the NBA finals. But a few missteps by the Spurs prevented them from sealing the win. Instead, Miami won it in 7 games. Do you think that they could do it again in the next season? IMO, they look poised for a three-peat. What do you think?

3bie

Yes they can. They have the manpower, the skill sets, and recent experience. Saying they can though, does not mean they will. Motivation and chemistry will play a role in how things develop. Are they as hungry? Will they continue to play as a team. Will every vital piece stay healthy. They certainly can but it's gonna take some doing.

Jacobec

It is possible but I'm not sure they will win it again. Spurs will be back in the champion but they need to step up next time because they really pissed me off in the finals. It all depends on what team is hungry enough to win. Teams are really stacked this year, so we will see and it will be a season to watch.

Mali

There is a good chance that Miami can win 3 in a row but its going to be very difficult. With Chicago possibly getting back Derrick Rose and the Pacers getting back Danny Granger it is going to be a very interesting year. I think the Pacers might have surprised some people by making it all the way to the Eastern Conference Finals last year before falling to the soon to be NBA champs, Miami Heat

mareebaybay

I think the Heat may three peat, now that Rose is down. I mean I won't lie the Pacers have looked good during the season, every since they drafter Paul George. They also good very good in the Post Season, but when they meet the Heat it is another story. I know for a fact they need Danny Granger to defeat the Heat. With Danny Granger and Paul George, to inside and out threats with their excellent Defense I don't see why they can't win. I mean look at it like this, Danny will maybe check Lebron depending on his health and where he's at when he comes back. If he is healthy he will give Lebron hell on Defense, while Paul George will make it almost impossible for the aging and less explosive Wade to give a double digit game. Then you have the Wall of Defense, their anchor Roy Hibbert checking Chris Bosh, who he absolutely dominated in last years Eastern Conference Final.s

TheViper

The Miami Heat won't repeat this year. The Pacers have been impressive and I think that they will finally put Miami in their place. Plus, I simply don't want them to win because of all the heat bandwagon fanboys.

A 3 peat is possible, though it is going to be tough considering how the Indiana Pacers have buffed up their front court with reliable big men like Roy Hibbert, David West, Luis Scola, and Andrew Bynum, and we all know that big men is known to be Miami Heat's weakness. They have a really tough rival in the east that they really have to pay attention to before worrying about who to face in the west.

Eagle910

The Heat can definitely win 3 championships in a row. They don't really have to much competition. Especially in the east. the only team they have to worry is he Pacers. So they are sure to be in the finals a gain. The question will they be able to beat the Spurs again. I think there will be a finals rematch.

starfox64

The Heat can definitely win 3 championships in a row. They don't really have to much competition. Especially in the east. the only team they have to worry is he Pacers. So they are sure to be in the finals a gain. The question will they be able to beat the Spurs again. I think there will be a finals rematch.
They really aren't "sure" to be in the finals again. The Pacers almost beat them last year and it can be argued that Indiana got better this season and the Heat took a step back. I'm not saying the Heat are going to lose, but I know that the series is not a given either way. It will be great, no matter what.

Eagle910

They really aren't "sure" to be in the finals again. The Pacers almost beat them last year and it can be argued that Indiana got better this season and the Heat took a step back. I'm not saying the Heat are going to lose, but I know that the series is not a given either way. It will be great, no matter what.

I completely disagree. The way that Paul George is playing now does not encourage me of the Pacers playoff success. the Heat will have the 3 best players on the court in that series,. I think Lebron, and wade will step it up come playoff time, and sweep the east. This years Eastern conference is the weakest in NBA history. Half of the playoff teams will not be over .500.

starfox64

I completely disagree. The way that Paul George is playing now does not encourage me of the Pacers playoff success. the Heat will have the 3 best players on the court in that series,. I think Lebron, and wade will step it up come playoff time, and sweep the east. This years Eastern conference is the weakest in NBA history. Half of the playoff teams will not be over .500.
You completely disagree? How can you say that Lebron and Wade will step up their games in the playoffs but Granger will not do so, likewise?

You do know that the Pacers have a better record than the Heat, right? And you are preaching to the choir, I know that the East is weak, but that doesn't make the Pacers-Heat series any less intriguing. That series is going to be hard fought and I feel that it will go 7, which will be played in Indi if the Pacers hold onto the number 1 seed.

rjustin

Of course they could win 3 in a row. There's a good chance that it could happen. But teams like the Pacers, OKC, Trail Blazers, and Clippers will give the Heat a run for their money in the Finals. The Spurs were seconds away from taking the championship last year and I believe whatever West team the Heat will face in the Finals if they make it will be better than the Spurs team last year. At the same time, you can say that the Heat have improved a bit as well, with some good minutes from Oden, and good play from Beasley.

starfox64

Of course they could win 3 in a row. There's a good chance that it could happen. But teams like the Pacers, OKC, Trail Blazers, and Clippers will give the Heat a run for their money in the Finals. The Spurs were seconds away from taking the championship last year and I believe whatever West team the Heat will face in the Finals if they make it will be better than the Spurs team last year. At the same time, you can say that the Heat have improved a bit as well, with some good minutes from Oden, and good play from Beasley.
Lol what? The Pacers are in the East so they can't "give the Heat a run for their money in the Finals". And I'm sorry, but the Trail Blazers are simply not good enough to make it to the Finals. They've fallen off a cliff in the second half of the season.

Why are you so quick to not mention the Spurs as a worthy opponent to the Heat? The Spurs are far and away the hottest team in the league right now.

bms00

They certainly have a shot, but I think the champion will come from the West this year. Miami has seemed disinterested and has been a .500 team the last two weeks - can they turn the lightswitch on in the playoffs? They also haven't been that strong on the road. That's important since Indiana would have home court over the Heat in the eastern Finals and either Oklahoma City or the Spurs would have home court advantage in the NBA Finals.

The Spurs have been as good as the 76ers have been bad lately and look like they might be peaking just at the stretch run into the playoffs. They'll have home court advantage throughout. It's hard to fathom that they could win another championship with Tim Duncan but I think they have to be considered the favorite.

Choi

Yes, I still believe that the heat can win 3 in a row but it's going to be extremely difficult. The physical damage that accumulates from several post-season appearances especially with the Heat getting into three straight finals appearance will become a huge factor in determining whether they can get ring number 3. However, the East is very weak this year and that may become an advantage for the Heat since they won't face any real competition until the Eastern Conference Finals.

Why are you so quick to not mention the Spurs as a worthy opponent to the Heat? The Spurs are far and away the hottest team in the league right now.

I totally agree with you. The Spurs are a bad match-up for the Heat and I could see the Finals going either way with a slight advantage to the Spurs of course since their bench has gotten way better than last season. My only concern is that the Thunder is a huge wall for the Spurs and I'd give the edge to the Thunder if the Spurs don't get home court advantage in the post-season.