Best NBA game?

Jellyfish

I have to admit that the last NBA game I've played was NBA Jam T.E. on the SNES. NBA Live 95 on the Genesis was the one before. So as you see there is a lot of time since then and some of you will surely be able to tell me what has happened in that time.

So, which title for which console do you recommend and why?

BadgerSquadron3

I would go with the 2K franchise and probably pick up NBA 2K14. You're going to have quite a different experience if the last NBA game you played was for the SNES. I love the create a player and franchise modes. My player is a beast.

Although if you want a game that isn't quite so in depth, you can get NBA Jam for the 360 now. Possibly the PS3, I'm not sure.

Maikflow

I also liked tecmo's basketball games from back in the day like bulls vs blazers, those were simple games with simple menus and gameplay, but they sure were fun. Me and my brother used to play it a lot.

eagle22

I really don't think you can go wrong with NBA 2k. I just bought it for my Xbox one and it is pretty awesome. Although I got a technical for cussing at my TV! haha!

RedHot

It's definetly: NBA 2K14 for Playstation 4 or Xbox One, this game is a beast on new era consoles!

Maxeem

I would go with the 2K franchise and probably pick up NBA 2K14. You're going to have quite a different experience if the last NBA game you played was for the SNES. I love the create a player and franchise modes. My player is a beast.

Although if you want a game that isn't quite so in depth, you can get NBA Jam for the 360 now. Possibly the PS3, I'm not sure.

As this guy said - the NBA 2k.
Especially 2k14... although quite old now, it has given me hours and hours of entertainment, and although I didn't play a boatload of hours a day, it still seemed that the possibilities for playing were endless. I never got bored (probably a lot to do with the fact that I didn't really over exhaust the game), and it was overall one of my favorite console gaming experience.
Playing other games just doesn't feel the same as the 2k games, the experience is great and will probably be nostalgic when I stop playing it.

goldenmaine

The 2k series and NBA Live series would be the best NBA games for me. They are both good games and are pretty popular and mainstream. The 2k series is more realistic and accurate. The plays are present, players are accurately rated and balanced, and also gaming is very much like in an NBA game. NBA Live on the other hand is more video game like and unreal. Dunks can be done over and over again and there is no fatigue level. Players are like superhuman being able to run directly to the basket and dunk all over traffic of defending players. If I had to choose between the two, I’d say go for the 2k series. It will be fun playing the game and kind of strategic also if you want to win against another player.

Kappys

The definitive NBA game is NBA Jam. That games atmosphere and morale is truly amazing. The game-play mechanics and insanity of it is purely blissful. The game truly embodies the spirit of basketball and the legends of it.