Best International Born NBA Player?

rjustin

In my opinion the best internationally born NBA player is Dirk Nowitzki. He's just climbing up the NBA career scoring list as we speak. He has the most unique style of basketball play, and in my opinion the most unguardable shot of all time. He also has the ring to go along with his illustrious career, a ring that the Dallas Mavericks BECAUSE of him.

eagle22

I would definitely have to agree with you. I think the thing that makes him so great is how aggressive he is on the court. You can tell you puts his team before himself, it's nice to see players like that.

starfox64

Although Dirk is one of my favorite international players of all time, I think that the honor has to go to Hakeem. There has never been a more versatile big man in the post in my opinion. And who here hasn't tried to convert the "dream shake" at least once in their lives?

Eagle910

Technically Kobe Bryant was born in Germany. So i have to go with him.

However. The Dirk Nowitzki pick is valid. Dirk has to be considered the best international player ever in the NBA. He is one of the best ever period. He doesn't really have any competition here though. Unless you yo count Kobe Bryant.

lindbergh

Hmm, I think Eagle910 has a point. But I think that this thread only applies to non-american players. So I think Dirk Nowiitzki takes the cake. He's a very versatile big man. Can shoot the three pretty well, has a superb mid range game and could also manage his own on the inside. A far second is Tony Parker. His impeccable ball handling, passing and above average shooting makes him a very deadly point guard. He's one of the main reasons why the Spurs are the best right now.

RedHot

Yep, we all need to aggre that: Dirk Nowitzki is best european player at the momment, but i can't mention Jonas Valanciunas, he's rissing internetional NBA star in my eyes!