Are Jordans worth the cost?

harebrainedknits

As a former amateur basketball player, I used to wear And1's and really loved them. Lately I've been seeing a lot of Jordan's around. They look stylish and the color choices and styles are definitely unique. What I'd really like to know is whether they are worth the cost. Do they wear well? How long do they last? And my number one concern, will they support my feet well enough to keep my knees and hips from being injured while playing basketball?

TonyTheGamerDad

No sneaker is worth the price they are asking. If stupid kids and their complacent parents bought them reasonably priced shoes instead of that over hyped mess, they might be lower the price and then be worth the price. I'll stick to the Chuck Taylors myself. They feel good, look good, and at $20 a pair they are priced just right!

Ladeidre

I would have to disagree with you Tony. In my opinion, Jordan's are the best of the best. Of course a shoe is a shoe and they will last depending on how you take care of them. As far as support of the feet, I would say yes, I played basketball wearing Jordan's for 4 years and I always felt great support from them and never became injured. As far as the cost, you can find reasonable Jordan's on sale online and even in the mall at Finish Line or Just for Feet.

harebrainedknits

Thanks for the tips Ladeidre!

Tony, I can't wear Chucks because of some hip and knee problems that I have, they don't support. They used to be a go-to favorite in the past, though.

colfgg

Yes. Shoes are of mighty importance for basketball. I have seen so many turned ankles and banged up knees because of bad shoes. Shoes wit h no arch-support, shoes with an elevated heel that ended up being the worst ankle twister of them all. I think they were a kind of Nike Shox. I can't remember for sure.

Jordans are well worth the expense. They will last, you will look good and you might make yourself believe that you actually are Michael Jordan.

Zackfair

yeah Jordans will last you a long time instead of getting crappy sneakers to use when you play and risk them getting wear and tear extremely fast,

Ladeidre

No problem harebrainedknits. I agree guys that you just can't go out and get a cheap pair of chucks or whatever type of shoes to play basketball in. Its all about the quality and Jordan's definitely has that. Like I said there are always sales online and just because its an expensive shoe doesn't mean you cant get the hook up.. :)

Yeah I guess, but O'm sure somewhere there is some sneakers that are better than Jordans that could be considerably cheaper than what Jordans are now.

Zackfair

I actually don't have jordans myself but I have tried them and you can feel the difference when you wear them compared to other sneakers, I will be buying a pair of them soon for myself so I don't have to keep jus borrowing a pair of my friend all the time haha.

BadgerSquadron3

Nooooo. They are certainly not worth the cost. They are just regular Nikes with a Jump Man on them. While they are pretty cool looking, you can definitely get a good pair of basketball shoes for way less. I used to work at a shoe store, and we had some pretty quality sneakers for half the price. I will admit that any basketball shoe is better than Shaqs though haha.

Ladeidre

Most definitely to each is own.. Whether its a Jordan, Nike, etc., as long as the shoe is a quality shoe. LOL Zack yea its time to invest in some J's.. Nothing like looking fresh and feeling fresh for less.. Check out eastbay.com and look for sales. You can even go to finish line and get a deal on some fresh J's..

Mali

Yes, I do believe Jordan's are worth there cost. If you think about it when you slip on a pair of J's your wearing shoes that were made for a legend. So of course they are going to be pricy. If people don't like how much they cost then go buy a pair of shoes that aren't so expensive. But as long as Jordan keeps coming out with shoes the price of them aren't going to change. If you were to get a pair of Jordan's my favorite of all time are the Jordan 11's. They are super comfortable and look good. Here is a picture of them

air-jordan-11-blk-rd.jpg

Attachments

• jordan-bred-11s.jpg
    jordan-bred-11s.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 1

p0gy0

I feel Jordans are overpriced. I would just buy a Nike or a Kobe (Adidas). The steep price tag comes with wearing the shoes of the greatest baller of all times.

skotrhythm

No way ! You're just paying for the name. Get the Kobe (Adidas), they're more comfy and I feel are much better to play in... and they look better

dejongkimberlee

I believe you are no longer paying for the shoes with Jordans and just paying for the idea of them now. The shoes definitely don't cost more than a few dollars to manufacture so charging more than that is just profiting off all of the hype around them

TheViper

Well, back in the day it was cool for me to buy and own Jordans. Now, they are just a expensive piece of fabric that gets uglier with every other shoe. I would rather invest in buying the older versions then getting the newer ones.

eagle22

There is no doubt that Jordans are overpriced! However, if you are a shoe collector or just enjoy them then I would say they are worth the cost. They are not only nice but they are classics.