Who will face off in the NBA Finals this 2014?

lindbergh

The NBA Playoffs is just months away. So before we arrive at that, it would be really fun to just play around and try and predict the two teams who would face off in the finals. Any ideas? Here's my hunch:

Miami Heat vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Yep. That's right. I think that Durant and the Thunder would plow their way through the Western Conference Playoffs. They've got what it takes to be number 1 in the west. I also think that Miami Heat will return to the championship. They have the experience to take on teams on a best of 7 series and they've got a lot of talent at their disposal.

starfox64

The NBA Playoffs is just months away. So before we arrive at that, it would be really fun to just play around and try and predict the two teams who would face off in the finals. Any ideas? Here's my hunch:

Miami Heat vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Yep. That's right. I think that Durant and the Thunder would plow their way through the Western Conference Playoffs. They've got what it takes to be number 1 in the west. I also think that Miami Heat will return to the championship. They have the experience to take on teams on a best of 7 series and they've got a lot of talent at their disposal.

I've got the Indiana Pacers going up against the San Antonio Spurs.

I feel that the Pacers have finally surpassed the Heat and will have homecourt against them this time around. I feel that the series will be hard fought and a pivotal game 7 will be won in Indi.

As for the West, I disagree that the Thunder will "plow" through the West. For starters, I highly doubt that they will surpass the Spurs as the number 1 seed seeing as how the Spurs are by far and away the hottest team in the league (they have a 14 game winning streak). The problem with the Thunder is that they are just too one dimensional and I feel that they are a worse team than they were two years ago when they went to the Finals.

I feel that the Spurs are on a mission and are looking to avenge that Finals collapse from last year (people forget that they basically had it won).

We will see, though. That's what the playoffs are for after all.

rjustin

I'm going with the Heat and OKC because this is the Finals I want to see the most and the Finals that I think A LOT of people want to see. Who doesn't want to see LeBron and Durant go at it again? And this time Kevin Durant is a much better player, and in my opinion is having a better season than LeBron.

eagle22

I think the Pacers are going to go, they have been playing incredibly well together lately, it is going to be tough for any team to take them down. I am still trying to figure out who my other team is!

This is a tough one. The east used to be predictable, but now that the Pacers have emerged to be a legit contender, it is no longer a guarantee that the Miami Heat will represent the east in the NBA Finals. And the wild, wild, west is even more unpredictable as there are a number of teams that have a legitimate chance of making it to the finals.

Honestly I can't make any fearless forecast, but I'd like to see the San Antonia Spurs and Indiana Pacers battle it out for the title. Keep in mind, I said this is want I WANT to happen, I didn't say that this is what WILL happen. Just making things clear here.

starfox64

I'm going with the Heat and OKC because this is the Finals I want to see the most and the Finals that I think A LOT of people want to see. Who doesn't want to see LeBron and Durant go at it again? And this time Kevin Durant is a much better player, and in my opinion is having a better season than LeBron.
Yeah there is nothing wrong with predicting a matchup that you want to see, I just doubt that OKC can make it. Durant has gotten a bit better since the first time they played each other in the Finals, but I believe that the Thunder have gotten worse. Without Harden, the Thunder have become a bit one dimensional, and the lack of Perkins or Thabo doesn't really help their case. We will see though.