Who are your contenders for a championship this season?

thejamal

Parity in the NBA is at its all time highest in my opinion and honestly, there are probably 5-8 teams who have a legit shot to win a title this season. When watching the top teams, you could just see them being successful in the playoffs and being able to get the grueling schedule.

For me, here are my "true" title contenders.

Spurs
OKC
Mavericks
Warriors
Raptors
Cavs
Wizards

The Wizards might be a slight reach, but they really do have all the pieces to compete this season. An elite top 10 player, defense, depth, and secondary scoring options to take the pressure off of Wall. And you simply can't keep the Cavs out of it with their talent and LeBron's ability to turn it in on the playoffs.

Who are you championship contenders?

AtlantaSports

In the East, I see the Hawks, Wizards, Raptors and Heat making deep runs into the playoffs. I'm not trying to sound biased by naming the Hawks either, but this team is really special. As for the West, I see the Warriors, Trail Blazers, Spurs and Mavericks going far in the playoffs. It's crazy how the East seems completely backwards as to who is doing well this year.

thejamal

In the East, I see the Hawks, Wizards, Raptors and Heat making deep runs into the playoffs. I'm not trying to sound biased by naming the Hawks either, but this team is really special. As for the West, I see the Warriors, Trail Blazers, Spurs and Mavericks going far in the playoffs. It's crazy how the East seems completely backwards as to who is doing well this year.

The Hawks are for sure a team that will be right in the thick of things in the East playoffs. What's interesting is Al Horford isn't playing nearly as good as he can be, but the team is still doing damn well. Teague and Milsap are easily two of the most underrated players in the league and are playing close to all-star level. I love that system they run in ATL and it's clear they're embracing the SA Spurs way of playing and sharing the ball.

They're just a team I need to see do it before I really believe in them as a true contender though. ATL has always been that middle of the road playoff squad that kind of needs to prove they can take that next step before people start believing in them.

lindbergh

In the West, here are my picks for the title contenders:
  • Spurs
  • Warriors
  • Mavericks
  • Rockets
  • Thunder
(Memphis is talented but not ready to compete for a championship IMO)
In the East, here are my bets:
  • Heat
  • Cavaliers
  • Bulls (I love how Rose is recovering, Gasol adjusting to the new environment and Butler awakening)

goldenmaine

My championship contenders for this season are the Cavs and the Spurs. The Spurs are the defending champions and so far in the season they are doing well and are completely dominating some teams. They have some struggles like injuries and losses which are close but I think they are still a strong contender with Coach Pop on the reigns and the Big Three and Leonard leading the way for the team. The role players are also the same and are healthy. The Cavs are also on my list because of James. He is such a one of a kind player that can really bring a whole team to the next level; playoffs or even finals if possible.

stevesxs9

My contender in the east are- Atlanta, Chicago, Toronto and Washington. In the west I like Golden State, Memphis, Dallas, San Antonio and Houston. Maybe the playoff experience will help propel them to the NBA finals.

Kappys

My contenders are
Raptors, Grizzlies, warriors, bulls. They have all performed exceptionally well, and even though the hawks are doing well, i dont think they stand a chance against the other contenders.

Jordan94

That's tough to say since it's so early in the season, but I would have to say either OKC or the Warriors. To me those are really the only 2 teams that are really impressing me much. I honesty think it's way to early in the season to predict just yet. I would rather give you my true answer around mid season when it's a little bit easier to tell.