We finn to ack like Dirk isn't close to Duncan for GOAT PF?

RedHot

Seriously. I respect Duncan but what Dirk did in 2011 is as legendary as what Wade did in 06. Dirk never had Manu and Tony Parker on his team. Dirk carried a bunch of old guys, and Jason Kidd on his basketball death bed.

I regard Dirk's career as Duncanesque. He never had the teammates. He did more with less. I'm tired of holding back the truth.

Is Dirk on Duncan's level in your opinion?

Clutch

Depends on what you think "close" is. Duncan is the better player, there's nothing to argue about there. However, the gap is certainly not as big as, say, Jordan to Drexler.

FTW

Honestly, it kills me that Dirk isn't debated at top 10 of all time. Had he not gotten screwed over so hard in 2006, he would have been in talks for sure.

People have very short memory... They only tend to remember what was recent, or what has happened, or what they want to remember. Even if 99% of the hardcore basketball fans say he got screwed in 2006, at the end of the day, it is in the history books as him only getting 1 ring... The way 2006 happened, doesn't matter at all, because the results says otherwise..

I can't stress how much Dirk has OVERACHIEVED his entire career with the Mavs. Had he gotten rings on two separate occasions, he seriously would have been in talks for GOAT top 10.

Hell, prior to 2011, he was getting so much crap for being a choke artist or whatever, people completely ignoring the fact how much he overachieves and his 2006 finals.. All 2011 did, was earn Dirk the respect he already deserved in the first place, and make those choke statements go away...

Had he gotten 2 rings, his first one would have gotten him the respect he deserved plus even more, since people will be eyeing Dirk every season after 2006, and witnessing him continuously getting 50+ seasons, and the second one will almost for sure have had people talking about the Top 3 GOAT PF or top 10 all time, not debating if he's better than so and so or still getting called overrated...

RedHot

Honestly, it kills me that Dirk isn't debated at top 10 of all time. Had he not gotten screwed over so hard in 2006, he would have been in talks for sure.

People have very short memory... They only tend to remember what was recent, or what has happened, or what they want to remember. Even if 99% of the hardcore basketball fans say he got screwed in 2006, at the end of the day, it is in the history books as him only getting 1 ring... The way 2006 happened, doesn't matter at all, because the results says otherwise..

I can't stress how much Dirk has OVERACHIEVED his entire career with the Mavs. Had he gotten rings on two separate occasions, he seriously would have been in talks for GOAT top 10.

Hell, prior to 2011, he was getting so much crap for being a choke artist or whatever, people completely ignoring the fact how much he overachieves and his 2006 finals.. All 2011 did, was earn Dirk the respect he already deserved in the first place, and make those choke statements go away...

Had he gotten 2 rings, his first one would have gotten him the respect he deserved plus even more, since people will be eyeing Dirk every season after 2006, and witnessing him continuously getting 50+ seasons, and the second one will almost for sure have had people talking about the Top 3 GOAT PF or top 10 all time, not debating if he's better than so and so or still getting called overrated...

What is there to complain about in 2006?

Dirk/Mavs fans need to pipe down on that shit. They lost. End of story. You can talk all you want about the free throws and all that, but Dirk set a playoff freaking record that playoff run for most free throws made in a single post season.
Heat got a bunch of bad calls in 2006 too. We just kept playing and won though.