Was Ginobili the reason why the Spurs lost to the Heat?

lindbergh

The Spurs could have won it.

Could have.

But Manu Ginobili committed one too many errors in Game 6. He was the hero in game 5 but I think he tried too much in game 6. Man, they were so close. They say there is no I in team. So can't Ginobili be blamed? I like Manu but I blame him for his team's loss. Sigh.

3bie

I wouldn't go as far as saying Manu was the cause of the loss. Last time I checked, basketball was a team sport. Adjustments in strategy and manpower could have been made by the coach as well as by the other players. I would have to say however that they needed Manu badly to at least make the probabbility of winning higher.

Jacobec

He wasn't the main reason they lost. If you watch Duncan, he wasn't really doing anything to me. They should've won, that is all I agree with you on. They gave up a couple of times when they pretty much had the game in the bag.

BadgerSquadron3

Free throws were what actually lost it for them. There is absolutely no reason the Spurs should have lost the championship. While I do think that the Heat were the better team, the Spurs had them in too good of a position to lose.

Also, Pop had some questionable decisions down the stretch. Taking out Duncan in game 6 allowed the Heat to get 2 HUGE offensive rebounds. The Spurs choked.

mareebaybay

I think Ginoblis inconsistents was a factor, but I don't think that is what lost them the game. I think the Spurs defense is what lost them the game. They have the game in their hands and then it slipped right out.

Eagle910

No. I do not think Ginobili was the reason the Spurs lost to the Heat in the finals. I think the Spurs choked collectively. They failed themselves as a group. You cannot place the blame on 1 person alone. All the Spurs had to do was get 1 more rebound. They let Ray Allen get a second chance, and they paid the price for it.

starfox64

He wasn't the main reason they lost. If you watch Duncan, he wasn't really doing anything to me. They should've won, that is all I agree with you on. They gave up a couple of times when they pretty much had the game in the bag.
Hmmm, I believe that Duncan was holding his own very well on his side of the court. He shut down Bosh basically the whole series and put up some great numbers. Ginobili, although I love him to death, really did not do my Spurs any favors. The Heat trapped him so many times off of the pick and roll and forced him to throw the ball away countless times. He has looked much better this season, though, so I hope he gets a shot to redeem himself.

eagle22

Well, he didn't help for sure but I never say a certain person was the reason for the loss. Teams lose the game, not a certain person. If one person is having a bad game the rest of the team needs to step up. Bad games happen, it's just part of basketball.

I have to agree with you guys, it is unfair to put the blame on one guy for the team's failure. It's just a matter of the Miami Heat playing better than the Spurs did.