Official Nick Young Thread: Nick Young Loving Lala land

Clutch

I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread on this yet.

How about good ol Swaggy P? What a bargain for 1.2 mil a year. I want to know what/ how you guys feel about Young? His play? Style of play? See him long term? What kind of role? What kind of Salary?

With all of these questions such as his role, his salary,
His style of play, etc. Do you guys want him back ? Long term? How much would you guys feel is a good salary for him? What's too much? What's a contract you wouldn't think is worth keeping him? Do you eventually see him being our starting 2 guard, granted we have a star/superstars at other positions? Would you guys be okay/ want to see Nick in these Roles?

Reminder, he's on a 1.2 mil salary this year with a player option next year for I think the same amount.

My opinion? He's 28. I hope he takes the player option next year, if he doesn't, and we have to sign him or let him walk, I say we sign him to a 3-4 year deal that takes him to 32,33 years of age. I would be alright with him being a back up for the next 2, possibly starting at the 3, and after kobe Leaves, would think he would be great as our starting Sg.

Wouldn't want to pay him more than 8. That's the max. Would be hoping for 4-5 mil/ season.

Thoughts ?

Also, if you want, let's include Jordan Hill, Farmar, Blake, Meeks, Henry.

FTW

I have always liked Nick Young, I have seen him play from WAY back.
He has a ton of talent but horrible coaching is ruining his game, he has become sloppy and too free-wheeling to be a part of a team that is going somewhere (No we are not this year) I am concerned that he will try to play silly basketball when we get a good coach with a solid system and better players. (Damn, sounds like I'm asking for a whole lot now
)

RedHot

I have always liked Nick Young, I have seen him play from WAY back.
He has a ton of talent but horrible coaching is ruining his game, he has become sloppy and too free-wheeling to be a part of a team that is going somewhere (No we are not this year) I am concerned that he will try to play silly basketball when we get a good coach with a solid system and better players. (Damn, sounds like I'm asking for a whole lot now
)

Agreed, I always have been a fan of his, I've always felt he just needed nurturing as a player and solid coaching and also a place where he felt at home, he needs something solid in his career, I think he looks very comfortable in LA (where I think he's from?), I just think he needs consistent patience and nurturing for him to become a good player, certainly has the talent just needs a better mindset on a consistent basis or for the rest of his career, he's been given freedom but what happens if there comes a coach who is more strict and wants him to become an all round player instead of just based on scoring offensively (although he does more than that it's certainly his appeal as a player and what he's been told to do without too much focus on anything else in my opinion).