Jeremy Lin

joshposh

So Lin and Kobe scored 21 points each in their first win of the season. With that being said, Do you think Lni will rise as the go to guy and main scorer for the Lakers? Franchise player perhaps?

lindbergh

Jeremy Lin is definitely a role player but I don't know about a Franchise player. It would be great to see him become the franchise player in LA. That would be awesome. But he should first try and decrease his turnovers and improve his jump shot. I think he's a long way from being a Stephen Curry or Derrick Rose or Tony Parker. Probably if he further increases his work ethic, he'd be at the same level as them. However, with Kobe shooting and missing left and right, do you think that Lin would be able to do his thing?

goldenmaine

I think Lin could be a great player if he gains more confidence and have that confidence he had during the Lin-sanity days. He has the skills all along but the confidence is what he is lacking. Now in the Lakers, Lin hasn’t really made an impact on the team, and he has been playing less minutes because Byron Scott has been benching him. He should build his confidence more and take the opportunity of playing with Kobe who is a great competitor and can teach him a lot about confidence. I am actually an avid fan of Jeremy Lin because of his Asian roots and I hope the Lakers will keep him around and he can improve his game to help the Lakers in the future.

KNH

I have to agree it seems as if he is lacking the confidence to become a franchise player at this point. I think if he would build some more confidence, he would get more playing time and could possibly move up more and maybe even match or exceed Kobe, who has been kind of disappointing lately.

JoanMcWench

I never really considered Lin to be that great a player in the first place. I think he had an amazing season that one time people seemed to care about him but overall? Nah. I think it's too easy to compare him to Bryant. He's old & he knows it. Bryant in his prime wouldn't even be in the same sentence as this kid.