Greatest Shooting Guard of All Time

joshposh

There is only two names that come to mind when asked this question. Michael Jordan and Lebron James. Michael being number one and Lebron james being number two.

Michael Jordan was the go to guy for the Chicago Bulls. He has 6 championship rings, and was known to take over games when it came down to the wire. Best description came from Magic Johnson, "Michael will offensively dominate you".

Give Lebron a few years, he might take the title of greatest shooting guard of all time.

Jordan94

In my personal opinion Kobe Bryant is the greatest shooting guard of all time. I love Michael Jordan but Kobe Bryant takes this one. Kobe Bryant is always comes to the game with so much intensity, and passion you can't deny that. Five championships is a lot of gold, and it's just one away from the king Michael Jordan. It would be really great to see Kobe Tie Jordan in rings

LuckyNumber13

For me, it's hard to say. I do a constant flip-flop on who is the best shooting guard. Sometimes I think back to the good old days with Michael and then I struggle between current players.

Intriisst

Has to be between Michael, Kobe, and LeBron, of course. Can't pick just one in my opinion, although most people who play say it comes down to the rings.
I really kind of want to say LeBron because physically he looks like he could dominate both young Jordan and Kobe, but LeBron has been struggling lately, in a much sooner time frame than Kobe started to struggle in his career. The fact that people even question a team where LeBron is present is just mind-boggling to me.

alexjackson

LeBron? Shooting guard? Am I taking crazy pills? Since when? He started his career as a small forward and gradually developed himself into a point forward, but he's never been a shooting guard.

On topic though, this will always be the argument between Kobe and MJ.

And I will always stand on the side of Michael Jordan. The stats can be deceiving, so I won't mentioned them. In terms of basketball ability though, it's no contest. MJ almost single-handedly won the Bulls their 6 rings and I know you'll say he had Scottie or Rodman, but Kobe had Shaq and Kobe was overshadowed by him. Of course, that's pretty easy thing to do, but not if you want the title of best ever.

So, for the greatest shooting guard of all time, I have to say Michael Jordan. In terms of defensive ability, athleticism, ball handling skills, shooting prowess. Michael Jordan is the best basketball player of all time. Period. No player has been more complete than him and even if they come close, nobody had that desire like MJ. I had high hopes for LeBron, but he's 30 now, and with two rings, it just doesn't seem like he'll ever reach the heights of Michael Jordan.