Domestic violence in the NBA?

JoanMcWench

So, given all the attention domestic abuse situations have garnered within the NFL do you think it's possible the attention could turn to other sports leagues/associations? Should someone take a microscope to all sports as opposed to focusing on the NFL? It seems like the NBA is littered with a lot of sexual scandals as opposed to violent ones. Could this have something to do with the difference in the nature of the games themselves? Football more violent.

Kayla109

\
To answer your first and second question, I don't think the attention, so to speak, will bounce from one from one league to the next; nor do I think that there should be any additional "digging" or attempt to search for something that could or could not be taking place. Beyond the court, the field or the ice rink, these athletes are also individuals who have personal and private lives. We, as fans, spectators and critics are not entitled to what happens behind closed doors. Obviously, anyone who abuses another, whether physical, verbal or mental, is wrong and should have to deal with the consequences and repercussions.

To address your third point, honestly and personally, I don't think it's fair to even make that assumption. Unfortunately, there are situations that resonate with what you are alluding to, but the fact that an individual plays football doesn't give me the right to automatically think that he would be involved or engaged in some violent act. There is nothing that would specifically or vividly define this particular predicament. For me, the only thing that these events clarify is that people, in general, make mistakes. I think sometimes it's harder for us, as a whole, to accept the faults and mistakes of athletes/celebrities due to the fact we place them on such a high pedestal. Of course, we would like to believe that nothing of this caliber ever happens, but the truth is that it does, and the fact that they are who they are, shouldn't give us more room to assume the worst and scrutinize harder.

edwardscoggins

Тhе ΝВА іs асtuаllу smаrtеr thаn thе ΝFL іn sо mаnу rеаlms thаt іt dоеsn’t gеt thе сrеdіt іt dеsеrvеs.

Тhе rеаsоn fоr undеsеrvеd сrеdіt іs duе tо stеrеоtуріng оf thе tурісаl оr wоrst kіnds.

Тhе ΝFL wаs nоt gоіng tо gеt thе dоmеstіс vіоlеnсе sіtuаtіоn іn оrdеr іf thе lеаguе оwnеd bу sеnіоr сіtіzеn gеntlеmеn thаt аrе sосіаllу dеtасhеd frоm сurrеnt іssuеs.

Тhе ΝВА’s оwnеrs аrе уоungеr аnd thе ΝВА іs mоrе multісulturаl wіth grеаtеr іnсlusіоn оf vаrіоus еthnіс bасkgrоunds, mіnоrіtіеs, аnd wоmеn. Тhе ΝFL’s оwnеrs hаvе grеаt іssuеs саusеd bу thе nееd tо оnlу hаvе “уеs mеn” оr flаwеd аdvіsоrs thаt rеlаtе tо thеm реrsоnаllу.

Rоgеr Gооdеll оnlу саrеd аbоut реорlе whо rеlаtеd tо оwnеrs оr whоm оwnеrs саrеd lіstеnеd tо аnd thеу dо nоt lіstеn tо thе рublіс vеrу wеll. Тhе ΝВА іs lеss suссеssful thаn thе ΝFL, but thе ΝВА іs асtuаllу fаn frіеndlіеr іn whаt іt wаnts tо gіvе fаns, раrtісulаrlу thоsе sіttіng аt hоmе.

Тhе ΝFL hаs оnlу саrеd аbоut thе tеlеvіsіоn nеtwоrks аnd ТV rеvеnuе аnd dо nоt саrе еnоugh аbоut thоsе sіttіng аt hоmе. Іf thеу dіd саrе аbоut thоsе sіttіng аt hоmе, ΝFL рrоgrаmmіng lіkе “Ѕundау Тісkеt” wоuld mоrе еаsіlу аvаіlаblе, ΝFL Νеtwоrk wоuld bе mоrе fаn орtіоn-frіеndlу, аnd thе Rау Rісе dеbасlе wоuld hаvе nеvеr hарреnеd.

Whеn оwnеrs thаt hаvе саshеd іn bаsеd оn whаt thеу hаvе dоnе іn thе 2000’s аnd еаrlіеr thаt dоеsn’t mеаn thаt thеу knоw whаt реорlе wаnt tоdау. Тhіngs hаvе сhаngеd іn thе 2010’s аnd іt’s tіmе fоr thе оwnеrs tо.

westmixxin

Yes the NBA really knows how to deal with these situation better they understand how to deal with the public because the owners are much younger.

OGRICHBOI

I believe that attention is equally distributed between the leagues. Media is what puts the stories online, for everyone to see. The NFL is one example of how media can make a story popular. I just hope that the NBA does not follow this trend of domestic violence.

JoanMcWench

\
...To address your third point, honestly and personally, I don't think it's fair to even make that assumption. Unfortunately, there are situations that resonate with what you are alluding to, but the fact that an individual plays football doesn't give me the right to automatically think that he would be involved or engaged in some violent act. ...

Whoa, hold on there! When did I say any of that? To ask the question doesn't necessarily mean that I feel all football players are engaged in violent acts. Relax there. I'm utilizing the examples of players that are violent in the NFL (portrayed by the media & spoken to be true with their own mouths) not pointing fingers at innocent players. o_O

Jordan94

I've been hearing a lot about that lately actually. It's really annoying to see honestly. Really gets old seeing players fight and bully the referees. In my personal opinion I think that it's getting way out of hand and that it needs to be taken care of as soon as possible. It's very unsportsmanlike, and extremely unprofessional. These players are looked up to by children, and I believe that they are setting a bad example. This really needs to stop.