Championship hopes

TPhoenix

The Oklahoma City Thunder has been battling hard to secure an NBA Championship over the years. They've come so close during playoffs of the past but they have just not been able to do it and I feel for them, especially Kevin Durant, who is a great player. What do you think they have to do to bring the big one home?

thejamal

Well, the first thing to do is get Westbrook and Durant back on the court and healthy! That would probably be a good start to them winning a title.

But the biggest thing I think is getting a legit 3rd weapon that can limit the tremendous reliance OKC has on Durant and Westbrook to win games. I think they really messed up by not amnestying Kendrick Perkins and letting Harden walk. Durant-Westbrook-Harden-Ibaka was their window to win a title and they've struggled to replicate that success since Harden left.

I'd also like to see them get an interior offensive weapon as well. While Ibaka is a brilliant defensive goalie, they pretty much live out on the perimeter offensively. Getting an interior post presence would go a long way to opening up that offense.